Weekly Bulletin - 14th March, 2021
Updated: Mar 12, 2021
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for 4th Sunday in Lent
Readings – Numbers 21:4-9; Ephesians 2:1-10; John 3:14-21;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Hymns (Mac) – 330; 851; 349 AT; 793;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Hymns (Dalby) – In Christ alone; 543; Beneath the cross; Beautiful, scandalous night; At the foot of the cross; Only by grace; Benediction;
Mid-week Lenten service (Wed 17 March) - St Mark’s, Dalby - 7.00pm
St Mark’s Church office will be closed on Thursday 18 March.
Meetings this week
Mon 15 Mar – Coffee n Craft on deck @ 9.30am
Mon 15 Mar - 500 Cards in the church hall @ 7.00pm (every week from today)
Tues 16 – Dalby/Macalister elders meeting @ 7.30pm
Wed 17 Mar – Dalby - mid-week Lenten service @ 7.00pm
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
2021 LCAQD Convention of Synod:
Venue: Brisbane Technology Park, Eight Mile Plains
Dates: Friday evening 4th June – Sunday 6th June 2021
A meeting of all involved with HFT 2021 will be held after service on Sunday 21 March @ 11am.
DATE CLAIMER!!! - GROW MINISTRIES WORKSHOP:
Curious what all this “Grow” stuff is about? Every wondered how to share Jesus with others in the community???
Come along to our next Grow workshop on Saturday 17 April.
Dalby Lutheran Church hall
Arrive 8.30 for a 9 am start
Please BYO snacks and lunch.
Tea and coffee will be provided (under our COVID morning tea plan)
Topic: Missional Faith Formation
During this workshop, we will look beyond the walls of our church buildings and seek to understand the people in our local communities. Who are the spiritual but not religious in our area? What about church refugees? And, why is it important to understand those we are trying to reach? We explore models and approaches for missional outreach and pathways for encountering Jesus.
The three parts to our day…
1. Why – Understanding the culture and challenges of our time
2. What does being Missional look like?
3. How do we explore the opportunities in our community to be missional? How do we go about it? What does it look like for us?
LCA Story of the Week
Staff from South Australia’s Lutheran aged-care providers didn’t hesitate to put up their hands when the call went out for personnel to assist in Victoria during the COVID-19 crisis, as part of the National Aged Care Emergency Response program. Five staff from Lutheran aged-care facilities were deployed to Melbourne’s COVID hotspots.
Read the full story here>>
Arias & Art Songs
Sunday 28 March – Christie Eckersley (Soprano) & Myfanwy Schenk (Pianist) – Jimbour House Drawing Room. More information on noticeboard.
Happy Birthday this week to:
Nikea Weier; Tom Davis; Keith Peltz; Sylvia Schultz;
Le-Anne Schelberg; Emily Bartsch; Sue Peltz;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; that you keep the whole church in your truth until you come again as our Lord and King
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors;
· For those who are blind and for all who work with them and provide them with tools to live their daily lives
· For those whom our society rejects
· For those who seek to see Christ in faith
· For those blinded by doubt or despair
· For those preparing for baptism or confirmation at Easter
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 21 March
Morning Tea: TBA
Bible reader: Paschke
Prayer of Church:
Creative Cards: Patteson
Sunday School: John H (Anne P; Charlie B)
Monthly Roster for March
Church Cleaning: Strand; Toomey;
Church Grounds: Mirtschin; Renner; Weier R;
Stewards: Strand; James;
Elder: Schuurs V; Kowald K;
HC Servers: Hensel N (7 & 14); Renner J (21 & 28)
Macalister Roster for 21 March
Church Cleaning: Ray & Gail W;
Bible reader: Graham W;
Cup of Tea (Apr): Ross & Janelle vP;