Weekly Bulletin – 4th April, 2021
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Easter Sunday
Readings – Acts10:34-43;1 Corinthians15:1-11; John 20:1-18;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Hymns (Mac) – 88; 95; 91;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Hymns (Dalby) – See what a morning; 95; Above all; Behold the lamb; Holy Spirit; Come people of the risen king;
Meetings this week
Mon 5 Apr – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Sat 10 Apr – Wedding – Ben Cullen & April Strand
Sun 11 Apr – Baptism – Lachlan Polzin
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
CLW Camps - (grades 7-12)
Week 1 – Coolum A (Luther Heights) - 28 June-2 July
Darling Downs A (Koojarewon) - 28 June-2 July
Winters Kids Camp (grades 3-6) – Coolum - 28 June-2 July
Week 2 – Coolum B @ Darling Downs B - 5 – 9 July
Darling Downs B (Koojarewon) - 5 – 9 July
Online registration @: www.lyq.org.au/wintercamps
HFT – Armour Up!
Holiday Fun Time is on again – Tues 13, Wed 14 & Thurs 15 April, 2021, 8.30am – 12.30pm. Registration is online: stmarksdalby.com.au/holiday-fun-time-children
Youth Ministry is starting up on the 23rd April, which is 1st week of Term 2.
Though, we know it is the Dalby Show weekend as well, we are just wanting to do a Welcome Night.
Starting at 6:30pm – 7:30pm, parents are welcome for the first night as we are having a sausage sizzle and games for the kids.
A way of everyone getting to know us and enjoy a wonderful evening.
The Gathering is a state-wide event for young adults that brings together people ages 18-30 (or turning 30 this year) from all over QLD to grow, be inspired and equipped to live in community and live faithfully in the way of Jesus. We want to rediscover who we are together and step boldly where God is leading us. A one day conference, 8 May 2021, Luther Heights Youth Camp, 9am-4.30pm. Price $60 (for 1st 30 registered, then $85).
2021 LCAQD Convention of Synod:
Venue: Brisbane Technology Park, Eight Mile Plains
Dates: Friday evening 4th June – Sunday 6th June 2021
DATE CLAIMER!!! - GROW MINISTRIES WORKSHOP:
Curious what all this “Grow” stuff is about? Every wondered how to share Jesus with others in the community???
Come along to our next Grow workshop on Saturday 17 April.
Dalby Lutheran Church hall. Arrive 8.30 for a 9 am start, Conclude 4pm
Please BYO snacks and lunch.
Tea and coffee will be provided (under our COVID morning tea plan)
Topic: Missional Faith Formation
During this workshop, we will look beyond the walls of our church buildings and seek to understand the people in our local communities. Who are the spiritual but not religious in our area? What about church refugees? And, why is it important to understand those we are trying to reach? We explore models and approaches for missional outreach and pathways for encountering Jesus.
The three parts to our day…
1. Why – Understanding the culture and challenges of our time
2. What does being Missional look like?
3. How do we explore the opportunities in our community to be missional? How do we go about it? What does it look like for us?
Jenny Kowald’s new address (if people want to send her a card or letter, or visit her)
Unit 98 - Taylor 2, Freedom Aged Care Taylor Street
18 Village Court
Phone number: 46150398
LCA Story of the Week
Easter is an all-day celebration in the Batak churches of Indonesia. Beginning at around 5.00am, the program of worship, seminars, food and activities, however, does more than celebrate an important faith festival. Christians in the predominantly Muslim nation are encouraged by Easter celebrations to persevere in faith in the face of grave persecution.
Read the full story here>>
Happy Birthday this week to:
Warren Weier; Alexander Becker; Dorothy Berderow; Ken Mitchell; Barry Prove;
Marlene Hohnke; Matthew Kucks; Keith Peltz; Scott Reichelt; Barry Weier;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's church office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; that the light of Christ would shine in the church, so that all may see it and be drawn to faith in God
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors;
· That the light of Christ would shine in our community, so that our friends and neighbours may know with us the joy of new life
· That the light of Christ would shine into the darkness of despair, to lift up all who are grieving, lonely, suffering, or without hope
· That the light of Christ would shine into the darkness of human hearts, wherever deeds of greed, oppression and injustice are being planned
· That the light of Christ would shine in the darkness of the tomb, and that all who have died in Christ may rise to life again
Church rosters have now been finalised and are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 11 April
Morning Tea: TBA
Bible reader: Kruger
Prayer of Church: Kruger
Creative Cards: Paschke
Monthly Roster for April
Church Cleaning: Mirtschin; Taylor;
Church Grounds: Pukallus; Ruhle; Steinhardt;
Elder: Horrigan W; Weier B;
HC Servers: Hensel J (4 & 11); Strand T (18 & 25)
Macalister Roster for 11 April
Church Cleaning: Shane & Leanne H; Nathan & Rose H;
Bible reader: Sonya Mc;
Cup of Tea (Apr):Ross & Janelle vP;