Weekly Bulletin - Sunday 20th December, 2020
Updated: Dec 18, 2020
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for 4th Sunday of Advent
Readings – 2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16 – Romans 16:25-27 – Luke 1:26-38;
Hymns – It came upon midnight clear; The steadfast love; Go, tell it on the mountain; When I think upon Christmas;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.00pm
St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
The church office will be closed from Friday 25th December until Monday 11 January. Office reopens Tuesday 12 January, 2021!
There will be a special meeting of the congregation on Sunday 3rd January immediately after service.
Meetings this week
Check out our new calendar of events on the website.
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
Annual donations/memberships are now due - $30, which includes Lutheran Women’s Magazine, Newsletter and National, State, Zone and our memberships. If anyone wishes to purchase the Lutheran Women’s subscription only the price is $11. Please see Chris von Pein before 27th December or call on 0400947927 for EFT details
LCA Story of the Week
For many churches around the LCA/NZ, COVID-19 gathering and health restrictions may mean they are unable to host the large Christmas services or be involved in the big community events they usually do. Instead, faith communities have come up with new and innovative ways to worship and share the joy of Christ’s birth.
NEW camp for year 12 graduates - LYQ is launching a brand new camp for year 12 Graduates on Feb 13th &14th 2021 called EMERGE. This is a great opportunity for students who were in the class of 2020 to catch up on friendships and experiences that they may have missed and connect in with a new community as they emerge into a new phase of life. Register at www.lyq.org.au/emerge
Happy Birthday this week to:
Shane Heintze, Trish Muller, Debra Schelberg, Kurt von Pein, Brendan Weier, Michael Glasby, Asher Kavney,
Kathy Berlin, Janice Glasby, Renee McAuliffe, Gabby Noller, Desley Rose
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely
· For the Church, Pittsworth Parish; that that it may invest in time and resources in building the true temple of God, his people
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors; that the leaders of the church would keep watch over those in their care
· For those who are caught up in the material preparations for Christmas
· For safe travel for those going on holidays
· For expecting mothers (and fathers), for mothers who have lost children, and for women/couples who want a child but have not been able to have one
· For adoption agencies, orphanages, and those who take care of children
New rosters will be done shortly for the new year.
If you wish to volunteer on any of the rosters, please see Gayle in the church office ASAP!!!
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 27 December
Morning Tea: No morning tea
Bible reader: Strand
Prayer of Church: Strand
Monthly Roster for December
Church Cleaning: Kowald
Church Grounds: Pukallus; Ruhle E; Steinhardt;
Stewards: Schreiber; Hartwig B; Hartwig L; Hartwig G;
PA: Strand B
Power-point: Strand T
Elder: Schuurs V; Kowald K;
HC Servers: Hensel E (6 & 13); Noller L (20 & 27)
Macalister Roster for 27 December
Church Cleaning: Nathan & Rose H, Shane & Leanne H;
Bible reader: Graham W;
Cup of Tea (Jan):Nathan & Rose H, Shane & Leanne H;