Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost - 26 September 2021
Updated: Sep 23
Greetings from St Mark's & Redeemer
Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost:
Readings – Numbers 11:4-6, 10-16, 24-29; James 5:13-20; Mark 9:38-50;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Bible Reader – Sonya McVeigh;
Hymns (Mac) – 422; 635 AT; 397 AT; 863;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Bible Reader – Steinhardt family;
Prayer of Church – Steinhardt family;
Hymns (Dalby) – Blessed be your name; Blessings; Be still; Come to the table; Wonderful, merciful, Saviour; This is how we overcome;
Meetings this week:
Mon 26 Sept – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Fri 1st Oct – Sat 2nd – LCA General Synod (online)
Every Saturday - Prayer group @ 7.00am
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
OCC Christmas Shoeboxes:
Christmas Shoeboxes and brochures are now available from the narthex. OCC has a new State Manager Robert Henry and we have been notified that all the boxes will go through to Sydney again this year. The closing date for collection will be 17th October.
Does anyone have a motorised scooter that they are not using? It would be appreciated by Errol & Bev Ruhle at this time! If you can help, please see James Kessler.
Nominations for 2022:
The Nominations Committee has begun preparation for the 2021 Budget and Election Meeting to be held later this year. Please take a survey form from the narthex and with prayerful consideration, please complete the form and return it to the office this week. Indicate with a ‘Yes’ roles or positions you are willing to be involved with during 2022.
All roles and positions are for 12 months only except Elders which is for 2 years.
Indicate with a ‘No’ if you have been involved in this role or position but no longer wish to continue. Use the column available to add any questions or comments.
Please also complete the survey for the Monthly and Weekly Rosters.
Thank you for attending to this matter.
God bless your considerations.
Chris Ruhle (Elders), Mark Noller (Administration), Chris Kowald (TEAM), Glenice Kruger (Congregational Rep), Keith Peltz (Congregational Rep), Pastor Joel Pukallus
LCA Story of the Week:
Are planned church programs or congregational community outreach efforts essential to effective cross-cultural ministry? Or can we work for the Lord’s harvest with people of all nations in everyday life? LCANZ member Beverley Heidenreich thinks God often provides opportunities for evangelism before us and shares a personal experience from a recent visit to her beautician.
Read the full story here>>
Happy Birthday this week to:
Jorja Hartwig (Tues); Lois Schreiber (Tues); Sarah Kucks (Wed); Lois Strand (Wed); Des Steinhardt (Sat);
Corrine Muller, Nate Muller, Nikara Doecke,
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's church office.
Prayers for the Week:
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may not be driven be selfish ambition but service to the people
· For the Church, LCAQD; and those in positions of authority, that they may not be drawn by selfish ambition but that they hear the call of God to serve him and his people
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Mark Vainikka; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors; their service to the church
· For the witness of the church in all facets of mission
· For all healers (doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers, specialists, etc)
· For all places of healing (hospitals, nursing homes, surgeries, etc)
· For all who have incurable diseases or life-threatening injuries
· For all children who don't understand why they are so often in hospital
· For the sick and injured of the congregation
Church rosters are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 3 October:
Morning Tea: Trevor & Bev M; Joel/Anne P;
Bible reader: Horrigan family;
Prayer of Church: Horrigan family;
Creative Cards: Patteson;
Monthly Roster for September:
Church Cleaning: Hartwig; Reichelt;
Church Grounds: Hartwig; Reichelt S;
Stewards: Bartsch; Toomey;
Welcoming: Toomey, Hensel; Pukallus I;
Power-point: Hartwig; Reichelt;
Elder: Steinhardt V; Robert B;
HC Servers: Johnson J (3, 10 & 17); Hensel J (24 & 31)
Macalister Roster for 3 October:
Church Cleaning: Graham & Delma W;
Bible reader: Brendan W;
Cup of Tea (Oct): Brian & Lynelle W;