Eighth Sunday after Pentecost - 18 July 2021
Updated: Jul 16
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Eighth Sunday after Pentecost:
Readings – Jeremiah 23:1-6; Ephesians 2:11-22; Mark 6:30-34, 53-56;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Hymns (Mac) – 55 AT; 364 AT; 842; 10 AT;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Hymns (Dalby) – Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb; I surrender; Come as you are; Reckless love; You are holy;
Meetings this week:
Mon 19 July – Coffee N Craft on hall deck @ 9.30am
Mon 19 July – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Tues 20 July – Dalby/Macalister elders meeting @ 7.30pm
Wed 21 July – Macalister half yearly meeting @ 7.30pm
Wed 21 July – St Mark’s TEAM meeting @ 7.30pm
Every Saturday - Prayer group @ 7.00am
Sun 25 July – St Mark’s AGM
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
St Mark’s AGM is set for Sunday 25 July. Agenda and reports are now available!
LCA Story of the Week:
Without fuss, some people just find a place where they can quietly help out. For Annette Wessling, it has been a case of finding not one but several places to lend a helping hand and a listening ear. Through her volunteer service, she strongly feels she gets more than she gives.
Read the full story here>>
Eva’s Place have a couple of positions vacant – Volunteer Counsellor & Client Services Officer (Receptionist). More information on the noticeboard.
OCC Christmas Shoeboxes:
Christmas Shoeboxes and brochures are now available from the narthex.
OCC has a new State Manager Robert Henry and we have been notified that all the boxes will go through to Sydney again this year. The closing date for collection will be 17th October.
Creating Caring Communities:
St John’s Anglican Church are hosting a Creating Caring Communities course run by hospital chaplain Meg Doyle. For more information contact Meg Doyle, 0416 577 980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Flyer on noticeboard.
Happy Birthday this week to:
Jill Johnson (Mon); Cameron Voght (Tues); Joseph Heintze (Sat);
Steven Muller; Daniel Glasby; Sarah Kavney; Paul Schreiber;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's church office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; for the unity of the church, God's temple on earth, with Christ as the cornerstone
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors;
· For the preaching of the true gospel throughout the world: Christ and him crucified
· For peace and the end to all wars, whether political, religious or otherwise
· For peace and reconciliation between families, peoples, and countries
· For pastoralists, farmers, and so on, that they may have a good return for their efforts
Church rosters have now been finalised and are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 25 July
Morning Tea: Matt & Glenice K; Justin T;
Bible reader: Kessler;
Prayer of Church: Kessler;
Creative Cards: Croft;
Kids Zone: Elissa H; (Alex & Emily)
Monthly Roster for July
Church Cleaning: Paschke;
Church Grounds: Bartsch; Fresser; Kessler;
Stewards: Paschke; Kucks J & family;
Elder: Ruhle C; Schuurs V;
HC Servers: Hensel N (4 & 11); Hensel J (18 & 25)
Macalister Roster for 25 July
Church Cleaning: Nathan & Rose H; Shane & Leanne H;
Bible reader: Brian W;
Cup of Tea (Aug): Nathan & Rose H; Shane & Leanne H;