Go For Gold - 25 July 2021
Updated: 7 days ago
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Ninth Sunday after Pentecost:
Readings – 2 Kings 4:42-44; Ephesians 3:14-21; John 6:1-21;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 3.00pm
Bible Reader - Brian Weier
Hymns (Mac) – 500; 855; 839; 770;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Bible Reader - James & MaryAnn Kessler
Prayer of Church – James & MaryAnn Kessler
Hymns (Dalby) – 500; 855; 839; 841; 838; 770;
This week begins a 4 week sermon series based on the Olympics. Week 1 – Go For Gold:
Meetings this week:
Mon 26 July – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Fri 30 July – C.H.A.O.S (youth group)
Every Saturday - Prayer group @ 7.00am
Sun 1 Aug – Confirmation
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
LCA Story of the Week:
‘Reconciliation week’ took on a new meaning for nine members of the LCANZ when they attended a biblical reconciliation intensive recently. Run by the Reconciliation Ministry department, it was part of the Training to Teach Biblical Reconciliation course, which aims to have at least one person trained to teach biblical reconciliation in every LCANZ district.
Read the full story here>>
Is there anyone who would be interested in organising our Harvest Thanksgiving celebration on 22 August?
Eva’s Place have a couple of positions vacant – Volunteer Counsellor & Client Services Officer (Receptionist). More information on the noticeboard.
DBC Women’s Worship Night:
Women’s Worship Night at Dalby Baptist Church on Saturday 31 July starting at 7pm.
Check out flyer on noticeboard
OCC Christmas Shoeboxes:
Christmas Shoeboxes and brochures are now available from the narthex.
OCC has a new State Manager Robert Henry and we have been notified that all the boxes will go through to Sydney again this year. The closing date for collection will be 17th October.
Happy Birthday this week to:
Trevor Mirtschin (Tues); Ben Conway (Fri); Iris Larsen (Sat);
Mackayla James; Errol Ruhle;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's church office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; that it may grow in the assurance of faith
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors;
· For welfare agencies of the church, Lutheran Community Care, etc
· For world leaders and governments, as they discuss and implement policy for the poor
· For world welfare organisations, that they continue to be an avenue through which God can provide for people
· For refugees and people suffering from famine
· For the poor and homeless in our community
Church rosters are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 1 August
Morning Tea: Murray & Kaylene P; Aimee J;
Bible reader: Hartwig J;
Prayer of Church: Kowald;
Creative Cards: Woolley;
Kids Zone: Sarah R; Anne P; (Rachel & Emma)
Monthly Roster for August
Church Cleaning: Bartsch; Horrigan; (5th Sunday – Renner; Pukallus A)
Church Grounds: Schreiber; Schuurs;
Power-point: Toomey, James, Ruhle;
Elder: Kowald K; Steinhardt V;
HC Servers: Brauer C (1, 8 & 15); Strand T (22 & 29)
Macalister Roster for 1 August
Church Cleaning: Colin & Trish M;
Bible reader: Delma W;
Cup of Tea (Aug): Nathan & Rose H; Shane & Leanne H;