Sixth Sunday after Pentecost - 4th July 2021
Updated: Jul 1
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Sixth Sunday after Pentecost:
Readings – Ezekiel 2:1-5; 2 Corinthians 12:2-10; Mark 6:1-13;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Hymns (Mac) – 294 AT; 240 AT; 103 AT;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Hymns (Dalby) – Turn your eyes upon Jesus; 294 AT; 240 AT;
Meetings this week:
Mon 5 July – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Mon 5 July - Fri 9 July – CLW
Tues 6 July – Women’s Fellowship @ 9.30am
Sat 10 July – Parish Ministry Committee meeting @ Chinchilla @ 9.00am
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
Christian sympathies to James and MaryAnn Kessler and families on the recent passing of their mother Lillian Barwick. A big thank you from the family for all your prayers and support during this time.
South West Queensland Christian Convention (SWQCC):
SWQCC 2021 with Gary Millar from Queensland Theological college – July 16-18 in Dalby. Hosted at the Dalby Christian College, SWQCC was started to give churches across regional areas the encouragement and benefit of gathering together as a big group. With a focus on gospel centered preaching, seminars built for rural areas and stories of Christian life from our region this is a convention for the South West and by the South West.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
St Mark’s AGM is set for Sunday 25 July. Reports are available for perusal.
LCA Story of the Week:
God always intended that our formation in the Christian faith would be at the heart of family life. To support congregations in their partnership with families, Grow Ministries has created the new resource Woven Together to help parents nurture their children’s faith and make faith conversations and practices part of everyday life.
Read the full story here>>
There is no more critical time than an unplanned or challenging pregnancy when she needs LOVE, hope, compassion and support. Without discovering Eva’s Place, how will she know that it is possible to find solutions that will allow both her and her baby to flourish? Will you be one of 250 households to give $100???? Whether She lives in Toowoomba, Dalby or Kingaroy, your end of financial year tax-deductible investment will unlock the work of Eva’s Place so that She is supported to be her best, to love and nurture her baby. www.givenow.com.au/evasplace
Happy Birthday this week to:
Lynelle Weier (Sat); Zachary Kleidon (Sat); Errol Ruhle (Fri);
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's church office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; for the continued preaching of the gospel and the right administration of the sacraments
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors; parish workers, youth workers, elders, pastoral assistants, leaders in the church, and all those who help bring the gospel to a world where people are blinded by popular opinion and cannot see the truth
· For our nation's leaders - the Queen, her representatives, the parliaments, the prime minister and cabinet, and departments, the opposition and the whole system of government
· For all Christians throughout the world who are persecuted for their faith
· For those living close to or below the poverty line; the homeless, the unemployed, pensioners, students, Indigenous people
Church rosters have now been finalised and are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 11 July
Morning Tea: Trev & Bev Mirtschin; Joel/Anne Pukallus;
Bible reader: Horrigan;
Prayer of Church: Horrigan;
Creative Cards: von Pein;
Monthly Roster for July
Church Cleaning: Paschke;
Church Grounds: Bartsch; Fresser; Kessler;
Stewards: Paschke; Kucks J & family;
Elder: Ruhle C; Schuurs V;
HC Servers: Hensel N (4 & 11); Hensel J (18 & 25)
Macalister Roster for 11 July
Church Cleaning: Sonya McV;
Bible reader: Brendan W;
Cup of Tea (July): Graham & Delma W;