Weekly Bulletin – 21st March, 2021
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for 5th Sunday in Lent
Readings – Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 5:5-10; John 12:20-33;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Hymns (Mac) – 282; 371; 250 AT;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Hymns (Dalby) – In Christ alone; 250 AT; Every Promise; Blessed be the Lord God Almighty;
Mid-week Lenten service (Wed 24 March) - St Mark’s, Dalby - 7.00pm
Meetings this week
Mon 22 Mar – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Wed 24 Mar – Dalby - mid-week Lenten service @ 7.00pm
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
CLW Camps - (grades 7-12)
Week 1 – Coolum A (Luther Heights) - 28 June-2 July
Darling Downs A (Koojarewon) - 28 June-2 July
Winters Kids Camp (grades 3-6) – Coolum - 28 June-2 July
Week 2 – Coolum B @ Darling Downs B - 5 – 9 July
Darling Downs B (Koojarewon) - 5 – 9 July
Online registration @: www.lyq.org.au/wintercamps
2021 LCAQD Convention of Synod:
Venue: Brisbane Technology Park, Eight Mile Plains
Dates: Friday evening 4th June – Sunday 6th June 2021
DATE CLAIMER!!! - GROW MINISTRIES WORKSHOP:
Curious what all this “Grow” stuff is about? Every wondered how to share Jesus with others in the community???
Come along to our next Grow workshop on Saturday 17 April.
Dalby Lutheran Church hall
Arrive 8.30 for a 9 am start
Please BYO snacks and lunch.
Tea and coffee will be provided (under our COVID morning tea plan)
Topic: Missional Faith Formation
During this workshop, we will look beyond the walls of our church buildings and seek to understand the people in our local communities. Who are the spiritual but not religious in our area? What about church refugees? And, why is it important to understand those we are trying to reach? We explore models and approaches for missional outreach and pathways for encountering Jesus.
The three parts to our day…
1. Why – Understanding the culture and challenges of our time
2. What does being Missional look like?
3. How do we explore the opportunities in our community to be missional? How do we go about it? What does it look like for us?
Jenny Kowald’s new address (if people want to send her a card or letter, or visit her)
Unit 98 - Taylor 2, Freedom Aged Care Taylor Street
18 Village Court
Phone number: 46150398
LCA Story of the Week
Despite any fears we may have about the future of our church, God is at work in our communities. The green shoots of growth in his kingdom include new congregations being planted around the LCANZ. And now you have the chance to play your part in this exciting mission work.
Read the full story here>>
Arias & Art Songs
Sunday 28 March – Christie Eckersley (Soprano) & Myfanwy Schenk (Pianist) – Jimbour House Drawing Room. More information on noticeboard.
Happy Birthday this week to:
Colin Muller; William Conway; William Elder; Audrey Fresser;
Gail Bartsch; Henry Brauer; Ryan Elder; Luke Elder; Chester Kucks; Emma Kucks;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; that you keep the whole church in your truth until you come again as our Lord and King
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors;
· For all the baptised, that they may daily die to sin and rise to new life with Christ in the power of the Spirit
· For those who mourn the death of a loved one
· For hospices and those who work with the dying
· For those who work with alcoholics and drug addicts, that they may bring them new life
· That we may face death in the certain hope of resurrection, and that we may be raised up together with all who have died in the faith of Christ
Church rosters have now been finalised and are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 28 March
Morning Tea: TBA
Bible reader: Brauer
Prayer of Church: Brauer
Creative Cards: Ruhle
Monthly Roster for March
Church Cleaning: Strand; Toomey;
Church Grounds: Mirtschin; Renner; Weier R;
Stewards: Strand; James;
Elder: Schuurs V; Kowald K;
HC Servers: Hensel N (7 & 14); Renner J (21 & 28)
Macalister Roster for 28 March
Church Cleaning: Ray & Gail W;
Bible reader: Brian W;
Cup of Tea (Apr): Ross & Janelle vP;