Weekly Bulletin – 28th March, 2021
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Palm Sunday
Readings – Isaiah 50:4-9a; Philippians 2:5-11; Mark 11:1-11;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
Hymns (Mac) – 211 AT; 190 AT; 285; 261 AT;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Hymns (Dalby) – 211 AT; Rescuer; 285; 846; 841; 261 AT;
Mid-week Lenten service (Wed 24 March) - St Mark’s, Dalby - 7.00pm
Meetings this week
Mon 22 Mar – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Thurs 1 Apr – Dalby – Maundy Thursday service @ 7.30pm
Fri 2 Apr – Macalister – Good Friday service @ 7.30am
Dalby - Good Friday service @ 9.30am
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
CLW Camps - (grades 7-12)
Week 1 – Coolum A (Luther Heights) - 28 June-2 July
Darling Downs A (Koojarewon) - 28 June-2 July
Winters Kids Camp (grades 3-6) – Coolum - 28 June-2 July
Week 2 – Coolum B @ Darling Downs B - 5 – 9 July
Darling Downs B (Koojarewon) - 5 – 9 July
Online registration @: www.lyq.org.au/wintercamps
The Gathering is a state-wide event for young adults that brings together people ages 18-30 (or turning 30 this year) from all over QLD to grow, be inspired and equipped to live in community and live faithfully in the way of Jesus. We want to rediscover who we are together and step boldly where God is leading us. A one day conference, 8 May 2021, Luther Heights Youth Camp, 9am-4.30pm. Price $60 (for 1st 30 registered, then $85).
2021 LCAQD Convention of Synod:
Venue: Brisbane Technology Park, Eight Mile Plains
Dates: Friday evening 4th June – Sunday 6th June 2021
DATE CLAIMER!!! - GROW MINISTRIES WORKSHOP:
Curious what all this “Grow” stuff is about? Every wondered how to share Jesus with others in the community???
Come along to our next Grow workshop on Saturday 17 April.
Dalby Lutheran Church hall. Arrive 8.30 for a 9 am start, Conclude 4pm
Please BYO snacks and lunch.
Tea and coffee will be provided (under our COVID morning tea plan)
Topic: Missional Faith Formation
During this workshop, we will look beyond the walls of our church buildings and seek to understand the people in our local communities. Who are the spiritual but not religious in our area? What about church refugees? And, why is it important to understand those we are trying to reach? We explore models and approaches for missional outreach and pathways for encountering Jesus.
The three parts to our day…
1. Why – Understanding the culture and challenges of our time
2. What does being Missional look like?
3. How do we explore the opportunities in our community to be missional? How do we go about it? What does it look like for us?
Jenny Kowald’s new address (if people want to send her a card or letter, or visit her)
Unit 98 - Taylor 2, Freedom Aged Care Taylor Street
18 Village Court
Phone number: 46150398
LCA Story of the Week
Christian meditation is not well-known in our Lutheran congregations and schools. But there is much to be gained through practising this form of prayer that draws upon a deep desire to enter into a more intimate relationship with God, and assists us towards being transformed to be more like Christ.
Read the full story here>>
Happy Birthday this week to:
Aidan Schelberg; Murray Boshammer; Rachel Hensel; Glenice Kruger; Jake Schreiber; Jack Conway; Rebecca Elder; April Strand; William Toomey;
Sarah Conway; Kylie Becker; Dominique Schuurs;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; for a fearless witness to the cross of Christ
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors;
· For all who will worship this week here and throughout the world
· For the world, that it may receive the one who comes in the name of the Lord
· For the rulers of the world
· For the courts of our land, for judges, magistrates and lawyers
· For all who are in distress/dying/sick, that they may be strengthened by the sufferings of Christ
· For all Christians, that they may follow the way of the cross
Church rosters have now been finalised and are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 4 April
Morning Tea: TBA
Bible reader: Hensel
Prayer of Church: Hensel
Creative Cards: von Pein
Monthly Roster for April
Church Cleaning: Mirtschin; Taylor;
Church Grounds: Pukallus; Ruhle; Steinhardt;
Elder: Horrigan W; Weier B;
HC Servers: Hensel J (4 & 11); Strand T (18 & 25)
Macalister Roster for 4 April
Church Cleaning: Good Friday – Sonya Mc; Sunday 4 – Heintze’s;
Bible reader: Good Friday – Delma W; Sunday 4 – Trish M;
Cup of Tea (Apr): Ross & Janelle vP;