Weekly Bulletin - Sunday 13th December, 2020
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Christ Centred Spirit Guided Encouraging Discipleship
Inclusive Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for 3rd Sunday of Advent
Readings – Isaiah 40:1-11; 2 Peter 3:1, 2, 8-13; Mark 1:1-8;
Hymns – Hark, the herald angels sing – Joy to the world – O come all ye faithful
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 7.30am
St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Meetings this week
Tues 15 – Dalby/Macalister elders meeting
Check out our new calendar of events on the website.
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
Please join us for our Youth Break Up @ the Dalby Pool Sunday 13th December, 11-2pm for a swim and pizza lunch. Cost: $4 pool entry - $6 pizza lunch. RSVP Lois 0488152440. Hope you can come !!
Annual donations/memberships are now due - $30, which includes Lutheran Women’s Magazine, Newsletter and National, State, Zone and our memberships. If anyone wishes to purchase the Lutheran Women’s subscription only the price is $11. Please see Chris von Pein before 27th December or call on 0400947927 for EFT details
LCA Story of the Week
Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS), has launched the ‘10,000 children … 100 days’ campaign to support children in refugee camps and other crisis situations to return to school when COVID-19 allows. ‘Our mission is to seek out those who might otherwise be forgotten’, ALWS Community Action Manager Jonathan Krause says.
Happy Birthday this week to:
Kylie Conway, Glenn Fresser, Chris Ruhle, Peter von Pein;
Karlee Peltz, Chris von Pein;
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely
· For the Church, Toowoomba Cornerstone Parish; that the whole church would walk in the light of God and witness to the light
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Paul Smith; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors; that the leaders of the church would keep watch over those in their care
· For Sunday school teachers and children preparing for the celebration of Christmas
· That God would create his peace among the nations of the world
· For schools, preparing for the last week of the year
New rosters will be done shortly for the new year.
If you wish to volunteer on any of the rosters, please see Gayle in the church office ASAP!!!
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 20 December
Morning Tea: No morning tea
Bible reader: James
Prayer of Church: James
Monthly Roster for December
Church Cleaning: Kowald
Church Grounds: Pukallus; Ruhle E; Steinhardt;
Stewards: Schreiber; Hartwig B; Hartwig L; Hartwig G;
PA: Strand B
Power-point: Strand T
Elder: Schuurs V; Kowald K;
HC Servers: Hensel E (6 & 13); Noller L (20 & 27)
Macalister Roster for 20 December
Church Cleaning: Sonya Mc
Bible reader: Colin M
Cup of Tea (Jan):