Coaches & Spectators - 8 August 2021
Greetings from St Mark's - Notices for this week
ST MARK’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Witnessing to the Gospel
Service for Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost:
Readings – 1 Kings 19:4-8; Ephesians 4:25 – 5:2; John 6:35, 41-51;
Worship service – Redeemer, Macalister – Worship service – 3.00pm
Bible Reader – Trish Muller
Hymns (Mac) – 805; 806; 842; 206;
Worship service - St Mark’s, Dalby - Worship service – 9.30am
Bible Reader – James family
Prayer of Church – James family
Hymns (Dalby) – 805; 806; By faith;
The 4 week sermon series based on the Olympics continues. Week 3 – Coaches & Spectators:
Meetings this week:
Mon 9 Aug – 500 Cards in church hall @ 7.00pm
Tues 10 Aug – St Mark’s Admin meeting @ 7.30pm
Fri 13 – C.H.A.O.S, 7pm-9pm
Every Saturday - Prayer group @ 7.00am
Add your meeting or event with Gayle at the Church Office
LCA Missionary Time-Line:
This timeline is a thank you and acknowledgement to the people from Lutheran Churches in Australia who served in mission overseas. The countless stories tell of the joys of serving and the many blessings our overseas brothers and sisters gave to us. The timeline is a work in progress. Contact LCA International Mission if you would like to contribute.
With C.H.A.O.S youth ministry booming this last term, we are looking for people to join the ‘Youth Support Team’ (Y.S.T.) that will come to a youth night once a Term (possibly one or two adults per night). To be an extra adult leader, you will need a blue card; if not, please see the blue card website for more information www.bluecard.qld.gov.au. You have the opportunity to support and care for our leaders who connect and lead these young people while giving up their time and energy to plan these events. Sharing your experience, knowledge, advice, and support with mainly our leaders but also with the kids. Would you please talk with or email Aimee Johnson if you have any questions or need more information? Phone: 0409 906 567 Email email@example.com
LCA Story of the Week:
Recently International Refugee Week was recognised. Such occasions are a chance to reflect on our response to people in this predicament, says LCANZ Cross-Cultural Ministry Facilitator Craig Heidenreich. We may feel overwhelmed by the plight of refugees or uncomfortable when we encounter others in crisis, but we can also be people of compassion.
Read the full story here>>
Harvest Thanksgiving Sunday 22nd August. Setting up the display will be Saturday 21st from 9am. Generally you know what you want to thank God for, so whatever you bring in, we will endeavour to display it. The suggestions below are an example only, so you are very welcome to expand on them.
Here are some suggestions for the display;
· Hobbies; Sewing, knitting, art, flowers, sports gear, books, etc
· Our Groups; CHAOS, HFT, Prayer Group, Cards, Craft on the Deck, etc
Thanking you for your consideration.
Glenice - Contact-ph-0409 206 377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eva’s Place have a couple of positions vacant – Volunteer Counsellor & Client Services Officer (Receptionist). More information on the noticeboard.
OCC Christmas Shoeboxes:
Christmas Shoeboxes and brochures are now available from the narthex.
OCC has a new State Manager Robert Henry and we have been notified that all the boxes will go through to Sydney again this year. The closing date for collection will be 17th October.
Happy Birthday this week to:
Tiffany Schelberg (Mon); Brock Hartwig (Mon); Logan Hartwig (Mon); Chris Heintze (Mon); Glen Schelberg (Thurs); Carolyn Bazley (Fri); Erin Reichelt (Fri);
If we missed your birthday or baptism anniversary, please contact Gayle at St Mark's church office.
Prayers for the Week
· For those in authority, such as Queen Elizabeth and her representatives; Prime Minister Scott Morrison and members of parliament; Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and state parliamentarians; and Mayor Paul McVeigh and local councillors; that they may act wisely.
· For the Church, LCAQD; that it does not lose faith in times of difficulty and hardship
· For the pastors Bishop John Henderson, District Bishop Mark Vainikka; Pastor Joel Pukallus and all pastors; for the body of Christ and the gifts of God for the building of the body
· For the people of God, that they may be a worthy witness so that the devil has no room to work his deception
· For the government (local, state, and federal), that in times of difficulty those in positions of responsibility may look to God in Christ for guidance and direction
· For the people in the local community, that they may hear the gospel and turn to Christ
· For Christians in countries that persecute them for their faith, especially the children who are innocent and don't understand
Church rosters are available on the website.
Check out if you are on the roster here>>
Weekly Roster for 15 August
Morning Tea: Wayne & Shirley H; Val S;
Bible reader: Pukallus;
Prayer of Church: Pukallus;
Creative Cards: Patteson;
Monthly Roster for August
Church Cleaning: Bartsch; Horrigan; (5th Sunday – Renner; Pukallus A)
Church Grounds: Schreiber; Schuurs;
Power-point: Toomey, James, Ruhle;
Elder: Kowald K; Steinhardt V;
HC Servers: Brauer C (1, 8 & 15); Strand T (22 & 29)
Macalister Roster for 15 August
Church Cleaning: Jason & Le-Anne S;
Bible reader: Sonya Mc;
Cup of Tea (Aug): Nathan & Rose H; Shane & Leanne H;